This notice applies across all websites that we own and operate and all services we provide. For the purpose of this notice, we’ll just call them our ‘services’.
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, location, IP address and so on. If you cannot be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply.
Who are ‘we’?
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Skopa Ltd (Skopa). We are based in Wirksworth in Derbyshire in the UK. Address details are available in the How to contact us section of this policy.
Our privacy promise
We are committed to:
- Keeping your data safe and private
- Providing you with useful information
- Giving you ways to manage the way we communicate with you.
How we collect your data
When you visit our website or use our services, we collect personal data. The ways we collect it can be broadly categorised into the following:
Information you provide to us directly/indirectly: When you visit or use some parts of our website and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you sign up for our newsletter, place an order or contact us with a question.
If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our website or services.
Information we collect automatically: We use Shopify to power our website and, when you visit our website or use our services, we collect some information about you automatically, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our website and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our website and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible.
Some of this information is collected using cookies and similar tracking technologies. If you want to find out more about the types of cookies we use, see the cookie section below.
We will perform some automated processing in our marketing and communication services, for example, we may use the personal details we hold about you to tailor the communication we send to you.
Information we get from third parties: Most of the information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect information from other sources though this may not be personally identifiable information. It will include:
- Information about the way that you use our website
- Your interactions with us e.g. contact form
Where we collect personal data, we’ll only process it:
- To perform a contract with you, or
- Where we have legitimate business interests to process the personal data and they’re not overridden by your rights, or
- In accordance with a legal obligation, or
- Where we have your consent
How we use your data
First and foremost, we use your personal data to operate our website and provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
To fulfil our core business activities: This may include:
- Registering your account
- Providing you with information about products and services that you have requested
- Fulfilling your order
To communicate with you. This may include:
- Providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services
- Communicating and interacting with you
- Notifying you of changes to any services
To support you: This may include assisting with the resolution of technical support issues or other issues relating to the website or services, whether by email, phone or otherwise.
To enhance our website and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of website and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our website and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
To protect: So that we can detect and prevent any fraudulent or malicious activity, and make sure that everyone is using our website and services fairly.
To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our website and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties.
How we may share your data
There will be times when we need to share your personal data with third parties. We will only disclose your personal data to:
- Shopify – this is because we use Shopify to power our website. You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- Other third party service providers and partners who enable us to provide services, support delivery of or provide functionality on the website or services, or to communicate about our products and services to you.
- Regulators, law enforcement bodies, government agencies, courts or other third parties where we think it’s necessary to comply with applicable laws or regulations, or to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights. Where possible and appropriate, we will notify you of this type of disclosure.
Where we do share your personal data with third parties, we will ensure that we have a suitable contractual arrangement in place to protect your personal data.
International Data Transfers
When we share data, it may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country you live in where our website hosting providers’ servers are located. These countries may have laws different to what you’re used to.
Because we use Shopify to power our website, your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention practices. Following that period, we’ll make sure it’s deleted or anonymised.
- It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time. There is a link in most Skopa emails which allows you to unsubscribe, or you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org with UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject heading.
You also have rights to:
- Know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- Request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- Object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or how we handle your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to email@example.com. We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you on how to submit a complaint.
A cookie is a small amount of information that’s downloaded to your computer or device when you visit our website. We use several different cookies, including functional, performance, advertising, and social media or content cookies. Cookies make your browsing experience better by allowing the website to remember your actions and preferences. Cookies also provide information on how people use the website, for instance whether it’s their first time visiting or if they are a frequent visitor.
Because we use Shopify to power our website it is their technology that uses and stores cookies. To view the current list of cookies used on Shopify’s merchant storefront see: https://www.shopify.com/legal/cookies
You can control and manage cookies in various ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu. For more information on how to modify your browser settings or how to block, manage or filter cookies can be found in your browser’s help file or through such sites as: www.allaboutcookies.org.
We may modify or update this privacy notice from time to time.
How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you need to reach us our email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our shop can be found at 26 Market Place, Wirksworth, Derbyshire DE4 4ET